Saturday, January 02, 2010



Tall, Dark and Handsome

Sandstorm
James Rollins
HarperCollins

I've got a new boyfriend -- his name is Painter Crowe and he works for some US governmental special forces agency (DARPA).  He's a lean, mean fighting machine, speaks a whole bunch of languages, and best of all, is a total brainiac.  My boy holds a doctorate.  I know ... how did I ever find such a paragon?

Well, to be honest, my dad introduced us.  He met Painter earlier in the year and raved about him.  Unfortunately, I was a little distracted with my friend John Rebus -- you know, the guy with the commitment issues?  Anyway, Painter and I met up shortly before New Year's Eve and for me, it was love at first sight.  We didn't have much time -- he jetted off the to UK to investigate some mysterious explosion at the British Museum and now I understand he's somewhere in the Middle East.  Oman, I think.  Anyway, I hope to hear from him when he gets home.  I know, I know -- I have to stop dating international men of mystery -- it's almost becoming routine.  Our night out, however, was pretty exciting and he was such a good kisser.  At least 3.5 out of five.  I let you know when/if we happen to hook up again.

No comments: