Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Return of the Mack

The Black Book
Ian Rankin
Orion

Call me lame, but  I hooked up with John a couple of weeks ago.  He was on a "break" from his girlfriend and I figured, what the hell -- what could it hurt?  Sure, he's a little disorganized, slightly misanthropic, and still has a more than questionable relationship with the bottle, but he's also funny, wickedly smart, and ever so manly.  I like manly.

As usual, we didn't spend too much time together.  He was working a case that was more personal than professional and it took up quite a bit of his time.  Apparently, one of his constables was put in the hospital and for some reason John thought the attack was related to a fire that he investigated about five years ago.  Turns out that the fire was an attempt to cover up a murder and you know my boy John ... can't leave a sudoku unsolved let alone a homicide.

On the upside, we did spend some good time together and he actually made me dinner one night.  I'd give it a three out of five in terms of effort.  On the downside, John has decided to get back together with his girlfriend.  Frankly, I'm not sure what the attraction is between the two of them.  They are always fighting and/or trying to avoid one other.  The make up sex must be spectacular.  I'll let you know if I see him again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John doesn't know what he is missing!