Thursday, January 11, 2007

We Interrupt this Blog ...

For those of you who are not yet intimate with the hideously boring details of ma vie quotidienne, I quit my job back in September to hang out, go to the gym, and catch up on my sleep. Before anyone says "wow, she's so brave," I should probably inform you that it was a very low risk proposition. I was able to pick up some ad hoc consulting days and I had a whack of dough saved from a couple of lucrative years in software sales. I was pretty sure that I needed a "break" and a three-week vacation that would require me to get onto yet another airplane just wasn't going to cut it.

So, here I am now, a few months later, rested, a blogger, much more fit, and finally ready (albeit a bit reluctantly) to go back to work. I start on Monday. Why am I telling you this? Well, part of the reason I started this blog was to give myself a creative outlet that I could access while travelling. Yes, there are still going to be lots of airports and lonely nights at the hotel in my future, but I'm hoping that the idea of "the reading public" will make it a little less solitary. I also thought that it might be fun if I actually recorded the location of where I am when I make the posts. You never know ... maybe I'll be in your city and you can save me from another night of eating in the darkest corner of the bar, avoiding eye contact with creepy old guys in bad suits.

1 comment:

Dave MacIntyre said...

Here's wishing you the best of luck in your new role. I think the location details are great. I've started adding my "listening to" line again on posts. Music is a huge part of my life and listening to certain genres motivates the way in which I post-process a photo.