Saturday, November 11, 2006

Journal of the Plague Year

Alright, so maybe I didn't have the plague this week, but I have to tell you, if it wasn't the Black Death, it was a very close relative. You don't often get to use the word afflicted, but holy crap, I can't think of a better word to describe how I felt. The worst part? I was too ill to read. I know ... the horror. I went seven days without picking up a book. Without even thinking about picking up a book. To quote the venerable Vizzini, "Inconceivable!"

Luckily, it seems that I am now on the mend. I still have a beastly cough and my appetite's not quite right, but I feel a little more like myself. Maybe tomorrow I will starting reading again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you're on the mend!!! Your audience has missed you.

Anonymous said...

I hope the mending is complete and you're all better now.

dog-eared soul said...

... getting there. still doing my best imitation of dh lawrence, but overall, i am feeling much better. thanks for caring! ...