Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Lasciate ogne speranza ...

Hmmm, kind of intimidating, this blogging thing. So, the basic premise/purpose/idea behind this blog is to share a bit about what I'm reading. "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate." In other words, watch out! I read a lot of crap so if you choose to journey with me, I cannot promise I won't occasionally drag you to the depths of hell a.k.a. the romantic scribblings of Nora Roberts and her ilk. Not that I am apologizing ... a body can't read high fallutin' stuff all the time. My brain would melt.

So, at the moment, I'm in media res with a few good books. I'm halfway through Who Murdered Chaucer by Terry Jones. That's the "non-fiction" entry. I've got 100 pages to go in Volume One of Tad Williams Shadowmarch. Mr. Williams is my favourite fantasy author du jour. On deck is a novel by Bernhard Schlink. I found it on the Books about Books table at my much frequented Chapters store.

I suppose I should come up with some kind of reviewing/rating system. I'll give it some thought before the next post. Suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"?

No, no. A better way to christen your new blog might be:

Temp' era dal principio del mattino,
e 'l sol montava 'n su con quelle stelle
ch'eran con lui quando l'amor divino
mosse di prima quelle cose bello...

VERY much looking forward to the rest of the story!